BowFlex

Friday, October 26, 2007

Great Week to Return to Running

I have had a good week of steady runs. On Monday, just one week after the marathon in Denver, I joined some friends for morning run. It was our regular Monday route. Funny thing is that it rained! I simply laughed at the notion that it would rain on my first day back to running. Considering how much cold rain I ran thru in Denver, coupled with the fact Dallas rarely sees rain. Of course, I went on out with the crew anyway. I started off feeling pretty good. Suddenly, after about 3 miles, my right foot started getting that spooky twinge in the plantar area. "Oh No", I gasped sotto voce, did I start off too fast? Could I possibly be developing Plantar fasciitis in my other foot? That's no good, nope, nope, nope that will never do. I stopped, stretched, walked, and repeated until I felt comfortable enough to get back. I did cut it rather short, only 4.4 miles total (the regular run is about 6 miles).

Walking in the rain again, what a blast.

No worries, Tuesday thru Thursday were fine with no return of the pain in the right foot. I think I just missed a potentially serious injury. I'm still suffering from the itis in my left foot I've had since April. The other foot would have been too much. I probably would have called off my marathon plans for December.

I'm so delighted to be running again.

No comments:

Disqus for The Hard Runner's Run