BowFlex

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Climbing Back to Marathon Season

This calendar year I only have 2 marathons scheduled. Denver in October and West Palm Beach in December. I'm one of those guys who wants to run a marathon in every state in the U.S. No, I am not an official member of either 50 States or 50 State plus DC. I don't want to confine my running to someone elses rules. This is my goal and I set my own rules. I imagine when I get to some of those remote states I'll be running one of their marathons though. Seven states down and only 43 more to go. So far I've completed:

Dallas, Texas - December 2004
Chicago, Illinois - October 2005
Atlanta, Georgia - Thanksgiving Day 2005
St. Louis, Missouri - April 2006
San Diego, California - June 2006
Marine Corps, Maryland - October 2006 (yes, I count this one as Maryland, remember - my rules)
Tuscon, New Mexico - December 2006

I'm giving myself until my 50th Birthday to accomplish this mission. Between that time lies, my most consuming quest, Boston. I've got 13 years to get all these marathons done.

Did you know that the first year the Boston Marathon required a qualifying time was 1970?

No comments:

Disqus for The Hard Runner's Run