BowFlex

Friday, April 27, 2007

Oh No, My Forerunner 305!

OMG! I get to my Friday run this morning (I don't usually run on Fridays, only when I've been slacking during the week) jump out of the car and turn on my trusty Forerunner 305. What? Turn on! Maybe I need to re-push the button. Nope. What the $#@$? OK, so when I get home I'll simply plug it back into the adapter. Nope, that didn't work either. Dag gum it. What is the problem? Will I lose all my saved data? My last ditch hope is the try plugging it back in and hoping that through some electronic miracle it will "fix itself". I'm no idiot, I'm just hopeful. If this does not work then I will capitulate and send it in for repair or replacement. I cringe at the very notion.

1 comment:

Brook said...

I ran my first marathon about 2 months ago. I noticed that the "battery charged" notice stayed on my 305 even after I took it off the craddle, but didn't worry about it. Just thought, "good, battery charged." When I got to the start line I turned it on to locate sattelites. Nothing...just "battery charged". It didn't even work as a watch. However, it started working again after the race-maybe after I put it on the charger for a while. I mentioned later to the Garmin people and they said to press reset and mode at the same time if it happens again. Hope yours turns out alright.

Disqus for The Hard Runner's Run