BowFlex

Saturday, November 24, 2007

My PR at the Dallas Turkey Trot


A PR is rare these days for me. I think my fastest marathon was only my second marathon back in 2005. Now, two years and 6 marathons later I have not come real close to repeating that. I did have a PR in a 5k this year when I ran the Camper Scamper but, I counted it as disappointment because I probably could have run that faster.


I would not let anything discourage my efforts on Turkey day this year. Previous two 8 mile trots I ran I planned not to run too hard. This year I decided to give it my best effort. That was so much fun. Oh sure, it hurts like heck, those blasted hills work your lungs, but it was well worth it. 64 minutes and some change. I was simply going for the 64 minutes. It is a great feeling when you set out to finish in a time and actually hit it. The funny thing is that there were times during the race when I fooled myself into believing I would come in under 60 minutes. It was mile 3 as I check my Garmin. 7:19 to complete that mile - it must have been all down hill. Reality would soon reemerge as I started making my way up the Houston St. Viaduct. Well, there's always next year, maybe I will finish under 60 minutes then.

No comments:

Disqus for The Hard Runner's Run