BowFlex

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Where Have You Been?

Well I've been through the desert on a horse with no name...It has not rained in this town in about a month. Funny thing is that just last month it rained 22 days. In June it rained 23 days and in May we had 25 days of rain. Dallas is not known for this so all us runners have had to spend the month of August getting reacquainted with the dreaded humidity and pure, hellayshish (yes, made up word) heat.Over the last three weekend I had a tough 16 miler, a nonexistent 12 miler, then a painful 18 miler. Today was a little different. I ran 12 miles again but, I did pretty well. I actually had a couple more miles in me for the first time in a while.

I failed to mention that during the week I've been doing those tempo runs with my fast running buddies. A little advice...It's always good to keep a few fast friends in your line-up so they can push you to better performance. The problem this month has been that they are just too dang fast. They're doing so well these days that when they run they talk the entire time with no real problems. Oh well, I guess they talk the whole time, they run so fast that they lose me after about 15 minutes.

That's OK. I'll muster up something for this week's tempo and be sure to hear their entire conversation.

No comments:

Disqus for The Hard Runner's Run