BowFlex

Monday, July 30, 2007

Did I say Tucson, New Mexico?...

I really meant Tucson, AZ. I just momentarily forgot my geography. My 50 in all States is not that far fetched...I had no real idea where I was when I ran that marathon anyway. It was one of the toughest ones for me. I guess for a couple of reasons. First, I had just completed Marine Corps and then just came back from 10 days in Malaysia literally the day before I left for Arizona. I was easily 10-15 lbs heavier than marathon weight. Second, the down hill does take a toll on your legs if you're not ready. So, if you plan on running Tucson this winter then you better do your down hill training and properly hydrate. It starts at 4400 ft and drops to 2200 ft at the end. For Dallas runners both start and finish are quite a bit higher than we're used to.

Now the hotel on the other hand was very nice. Westward Look Resort245 East Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85704. I certainly recommend if you can afford it, $140+ per night. Get a roomy. Hot tub after the marathon was great and a nice little porch outside your room facing the pool and back patio/restaurant, if you get the right spot. Very enjoyable place. I'll talk more about the Italian restaurant we went to night before the marathon. I cannot remember the place but some of my buddies will remember for sure.

1 comment:

Brook said...

Thanks I have been contemplating running Tucson. I thought the elevation profile looked nice if I was within Boston range. Plus I have a friend to crash with. But it sounds like the downhill may be severe. Good luck in your 50 states and Boston goals.

Disqus for The Hard Runner's Run